CDIP offers the certificate course on Professional Java Training. The course will be taught by Mr. Md. Shajedul Islam , who has been in the industry for 7 years as a Software Engineer and has an extensive knowledge over JAVA/J2EE Development and currently working as a Software Development Lead in Robi Axiata LTD.
Java is top pick as one of the most popular programming languages, used for building server-side applications to video games and mobile applications. In this interactive training we will start by revisiting the very basics of computer programming and gradually step through clearly to help you understand and relate to the programming concepts. We will roam around the ecosystem of Java. We will go further and step into the world of web. Will sneak peek into the software development industry. And try to develop real world applications using Java based technologies. By the end of this course you will learn the followings:
- Java: History, Evolution & Future.
- Learn Object Oriented Programming with JAVA.
- Real World Project Development Using MVC Design Pattern.
- Web Development & Beyond: JSP, Servlets, Spring Framework.
- Introduction to Industry Best Software Development Practices & Philosophies.
- Use of Software Development Tools: Version Control & Project Management.
- Get Fit for Facing the Interview.
Please check the course syllabus below.
Pre-requisite: Object Oriented Programming
- What is computer programming?
- How does a computer take command and perform accordingly?
- What does a computer programmer do?
- Why should I learn computer programming?
- What’s happening in current technology world?
- Current condition of the software industry in Bangladesh
- How does a company manage a software project?
- What does a company expect from a programmer?
- How does a standard software development team work?
- Get familiar with the trendy tools and technologies that a team uses:
1. Source code management 2. Build Tool 3. Project Management Tool
- Comparative discussion with other technologies.
- Impact of Java in real world.
- Benefits & opportunities in the industry.
- Functional VS Object Oriented Programming
- Learn to think in Object Oriented way.
- Java Installation & configuration.
- Introduction to Class, attributes, methods, objects.
- Let’s Get Started
- More examples.
- Standard code flow of any application; desktop, web or mobile
- Better coding practices: Introduction to MVC
- Develop a simple application
- Present a design problem and solve it by demonstrating Access Modifiers.
- Present a design problem and solve it by demonstrating OOP concepts: Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism step by step.
- Present a design problem and solve it by demonstrating Abstract class & Interface.
- Demonstrate Exception Handling.
- Review session on the previous application
- Develop another application.
- Take suggestions from the students to make it interactive
- Apply best practices and design pattern.
- Use popular database management system with the previous application with JDBC.
- Basics of web and HTTP. Request response cycle.
- Web server VS Application server
- Java web components: JSP & Servlets
- Develop a simple web application using JSP & Servlets
- Use our previous Java application.
- Develop a simple web service using the popular Spring Framework.
- My daily activities as a software engineer.
- Demonstrate a couple of my professional projects.
- Brainstorming session with the students to generate some project ideas.
- Form teams to develop those projects.
- Set up development and project management environment for the teams.
- Kick Off the project
- Follow up with the progress of the projects.
- Rewind and recap everything.
- Let the students give lecture on selected topics.
- Mock Interviews