CDIP offers the certificate course on Python and Django For Web Development & API Development. Django REST framework is a powerful and flexible toolkit for building Web APIs.Nowadays, Django is an extremely popular and fully featured server-side web framework, written in Python. The module shows you why Django is one of the most popular web server frameworks, how to set up a development environment, and how to start using it to create your own API. Python provides best packages and libraries.
Batch 2 class has already started on 20th December 2019.
Lesson 1: Basic python and docker and git
- Python basic data types
- List comprehension,
- Iterator and Generator
- Python statement
- Basic OOP
- Setup ‘virtualenv’ and ‘virtualenvwrapper’ for separating the package installation from system python.
- What is Docker
- Installing docker
- How to write Dockerfile
- How to write docker-compose.yml
- Why docker over the local development environment
- Introduction to DockerHub
- What is git and version controlling
- Using git for source code hosting
Lesson 2: Introduction to Django and Postgres
- What is RDBMS
- Why Postgres with Django
- Run Postgres from Docker
- Basic Postgres database setup
- Run some basic Postgres agnostic SQL queries.
- Installing Django
- Dockerize the Django application
- Django’s default management commands
- Connect the Django application with Postgresql
- Different ways to run the Django application (using management command and Gunicorn)
Lesson 3: Dockerize a Django application with persistent database
Lesson 4: Django model, urls and views
- What is the difference between project and app
- Creating a Django app
- Creating a model, URL and Views
- Functional view and Class-based view
Lesson 5: Templating
- Django template rendering from views
- Pass context from view to template
Lesson 6: Django admin panel extension
- What is Django admin
- Usage of Django admin
- Extend Django admin template
- Introduction to different admin panel projects
Lesson 7: Middleware and command-line interface
- API development concepts
- What is REST API and how to design API
- What is middleware and how to write middleware in Django
- What is the command-line interface?
- Writing and executing commands in Django
- Understanding Django shell
Lesson 8: Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- Introduction to Django REST Framework (DRF)
- DRF permission classes, views, transformers
- Nested object representation with the serializer
- DRF test client
Lesson 9: Django queryset
- what is Django query set
- Django queryset options and filtering
- Implement Django queryset with DRF
Lesson 10: Unit and API testing using Django Suit
- What is software testing
- How to write a Unit test and integration test in Django
- Calculating test coverage using Django Nose
Lesson 11: API development with Django
- Develop API using Django and DRF
- CRUD operation
- Choosing a project for each student and work around it
Supervising Student Projects and help them to complete.
- Web Based Project(Project will be selected by discussing with students)
- API Project.
- After successfully completing this course student will have enough knowledge to build any Industry-level projects.
- Student can Identify Proper objective types and can build Python Modules for reusability.
- Exception & Error handeling in Python.
- Students will learn proper knowledge about Web Development using python.
- Students will learn different types of open-source relational database management system.
- Students will gain proper idea about API Development.
- Students will extept to writting & executing command in Django.
- Students will learn how to design proper API.
- Software testing using Django.
- Each will build a different API.
Python is everywhere. If you haven’t been living under a rock for the past 5-7 years you must have heard of python in one way or another. It is the largest growing high-level and interpreted programming language to-date. Learning Python makes you eligible for even more jobs in the market compared to C++ or Java. The average Python developer in the US (2019) earns an average yearly salary of slightly more than $120k. In addition to the lucrative job [...]